What if the devil knows Scripture?
- What if he is knows that by attacking your belief system he is attacking your identity?
- What if the enemy wants us to think like? Without hope, heart-sick, depressed and condemned…
- What if the devil’s plan is to poke us then let God take the blame?
Stop the Spin Cycle!
The enemy’s strategy is exactly what was just described. What you believe is locked away in your heart and will affect your whole life. The Bible says to “guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life.” (Prov 4:23 NLT)
If the enemy can mess with your belief system he can mess with your identity. And when you don’t know who you are, then everything else becomes questionable. You will spend your life cycling in and out of emotional crisis every time the devil pokes you. And once he knows how to ‘touch’ you to start the spin cycle, he will always do it.
If you get caught in the ‘spin cycle’ you will find yourself asking these identifying questions:
- Why me, God?
- What door did I open in order for this to happen?
- Why does this always happen to me?
- What did I do?
- Where are You, God?
If you find yourself asking any of the above (for starters) then you can easily find yourself sliding down a slippery slope into despair, anger, bitterness and eventually your hope is deferred and your heart gets sick. What does heart-sickness look like?
Have you asked any of the spin cycle identifying questions? Have you felt any of the symptoms of heart-sickness? The next part in the series will show you how you can stop the spin cycle forever!